National Service Scheme
Program Officer:- Dr. Wankhedkar Prakash Tanaji
Member:- Dr. Chavan Smita Pandurang
- To develop the students in various activities by availing them a platform.
- To understand the soft skills of students and focus on them for better development.
- To develop the attitude of students to look at society.
- To aware the students about the responsibilities about the nation.
- To prepare the students for the welfare of society.
- To encourage the students for unity.
The Motto:- The Motto of NSS “Not Me But You”, reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person’s point of view and also show consideration to ‘/other living beings.
NSS Badge :- The NSS Symbol is embossed on the badge. The eight bars in the wheel represent the 24 hours of a day. The red colour indicates that the volunteer is full of young blood that is lively, active, energetic and full of high spirit. The navy blue colour indicates the cosmos of which the NSS is tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.
NSS day:- NSS was formally launched on 24th September, 1969 , the birth centenary year of the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi. Therefore, 24th September is celebrated every year as NSS day with appropriate programs and activities.
Duties of NSS:-
- The National service scheme is working for the development and service for the Community.
- In this scheme college organize the seven days camp in nearby village.
- Students from this camp find the area of development in that village.
- The work like clean the roads, market area, clean the drainage, construct the dam etc. as per the need.
- Student also said to perform the drama before native peoples to create the various kind of awareness like about dowery, alcoholism, health & hygiene, personality development, right and responsibilities, Democratic Values, Various schemes of Government for villagers & women empowerment.
- N.S.S. develops the vision of students to work for society.
- Through its various activities the NSS tries to emphasis the importance of Social harmony, patriotism and selflessness as reflected in its motto. ‘NOT ME BUT YOU’ upon the mind of young citizens of India.