Student Council & Involvement.
The college has a Student Council which looks after students’ welfare through its various activities/ programs. It is constituted in the commencement of new academic year as per the provision in the 40 (B) of Maharashtra University Act, 1994. The office bearers of the college union council for students are selected unanimously by HOD, staff and students every year as per the university norms. The college student’s council consists of
- Vice President
- Joint secretary
- Secretaries for various extracurricular activities.
- Representative for Library Service, MJM College Anti-ragging and Grievances cell.
To groom leadership among the students, in every academic year students are elected in student council as UR, LR and CR as per university norms. Students are enabled and enriched to participate in various competitions organized at University/state/ National level. College having NSS, SWD and Departmental Associations provide ample opportunities in grooming leadership. Opportunity is given to students in academic, sports and cultural activities to achieve leadership roles in different events such as Inter-college Competitions, and Cultural Activities. The college collects and analyses Students Feedback forms on college performance every year or the students can put their suggestions in the suggestion box or can approach directly to the Principal and can give suggestions. Students can give their opinions in student council meetings also.
The student council members frequently meet the Principal and faculties to discuss planning and execution of curricular and extra-curricular programs of the college as well as various issues related to students. All the activities of this council are financially supported by the college.
Student council meetings are held and subjects like exams, annual prize distribution, study tours and student grievances are discussed in them. Reports including departmental reports, performance reports, self appraisal reports, college annual reports, student’s opinion, suggestion box, minutes of the various meetings etc. become the data base for analyzing and evaluating the overall performance of the institution. This also forms the basis for the future plan of action.
- The office bearers of the college student’s council gather grievances and requirements from students and they present to Principal and Management to solve the problems and redress the grievance of students.
- Student council organizes various programs inside the campus, Teachers Day, Women’s day, Inaugural, Valedictory function, National day, Different festivals, enthusiastic services on Annual day and sports day.
- Assembly committee and class representatives are also unanimously selected.
- Students are encouraged to participate in social responsible activities like NSS, SWD, Waste management, rally and awareness programme.
- Student’s represent in various academic and administrative bodies and in various associations in the college. Students participate in the following committee and association.
- Marathi Literary association
- English Literary association
- Sports committee
- Science association
- Placement cell
- Self-help activities
- Cultural Association
- College magazine committee
- Quiz club
- Health centre
- Nature Club
- Eco club
- Students Council
|Sr. No.||Name of the Student||Post||Position in Activity|
|1||Waghere Ankush Hiraman||President||University Representative|
|2||Mr. Gavali Nandkumar Ambadas||Secretary||General Secretary|
|3||Miss.Tikane Lata Gangaram||Vice President||Gymkhana Secretary|
|4||Mr. Zirwal Nilesh Pundlik||Treasurer||Gathering Secretary|
|5||Miss. Gavali Varsha Hanumant||Secretary||Anti-ragging cell|
|6||Mr. Bhusare Deepak Madhukar||Secretary||Library|
|7||Mahale Rohini Gavind||Secretary||Cultural Secretary|
|8||Miss Vaishav Ashwini Babudas||Secretary||Magazine Secretary|
|9||Miss. Gavali Usha Dinkar||Secretary||Grievances cell Ladies and Representative|